Mission and Outreach
Beyond the Walls
Outreach and mission ministries are a critical part of our Christian life together. Serving the needs in the Louisville community and beyond is the best way to fulfill Christ's Great Commission.
Guatemala Mission Trip - June 23-29, 2012
Ongoing mission projects ...
- Building homes in Louisville in partnership with Habitat for Humanity of Metro Louisville.
- Sponsoring refugee families in partnership with Kentucky Refugee Ministries.
- Supporting a variety of local ministries, both financially and through volunteer participation. We currently support the following:
- Highland Community Ministries
- United Methodist Committee on Relief (UMCOR)
- Red Bird Missionary Conference
- Kentucky United Methodist Homes for Children & Youth
- Portland Promise Center
- Wesley Foundation at University of Louisville (Facebook page)
- Open Door ministry at Fourth Avenue UMC
- United Methodist Mountain Mission
- The Lighthouse
- Wesley Manor
- Wesley House Community Services
- EDGE OUTREACH (pure water ministry)
- Hospital Hospitality House
- Bears on Patrol
- Operation Christmas Child
- Blanket Louisville
- Kentucky Interfaith Power and Light (KIPL)
We host two Highland Community Ministries programs: